Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Future On My Terms!




One of my favorite quotes; when life gives you lemons just make lemonade. Maybe your puzzled of how random that quote just was but there is always a method to my madness. 

In my life I have experienced some difficult trials and tribulations. 
I am blessed to have the ability to find inspiration through most of my hard times. Born to an abusive drug addicted mother and alcoholic father, I found myself kicked out on the streets and homeless by age 14. 

The streets provided a rude awakening for such an impressionable young lady. Attacked many times on different levels then I care to remember. I shouldn't be here...I should not be alive right now. 
I know God saved me! He chose me to share my story with whomever had ears and an open heart to receive the message. 

A message of hope, one of inspiration filled with the words of a survivor.  I am no one's victim. I made up in my mind early on that I would rewrite my future. I refuted the life I was force fed as a child. In and out of foster care like a child on a bad roller coaster ride. I made it my mission to receive my education by any means necessary. I put myself through college, received 3 different degrees.

 An entrepreneur by design. I started my company Diamonds in The Ruff Body Imagery because of my passion for fashion. Fashion is where I have always found my voice of expression through my own personal style. 

No longer will I sit idle on the sidelines looking dainty and pretty. I will use my voice, my story and power to guide those in the world that feel lost. The powerless, abused, homeless, afraid, abandoned and judged. This is for everyone that life may have dealt a bad hand. I prevailed not because of handouts but because of my will power to rise above the bullshit I am a victim speech that most people fall back on. 

Victimized by many...but I sing no victim song. My song I sing loud and proud is one of survival and wisdom. I rose above my situations because I refused to become just another victim of circumstances. My motivation was to show those that counted me out that even a dark horse still has the opportunity to comeback strong and win the race!
   

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions in the field below. Do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends and family please.

5 comments:

  1. I love this...so true we need to take what we have and make something of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sacha for your comment. Hope I have inspired you in some way. God bless you always.

      Delete
  2. It takes great courage, to open up to people you don't know and tell them your story. I am so proud of you for having that courage, because of your strength and ability to share your journey, you have just given someone who has your same story hope. Hope That trouble don't last always and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Tanisha for your heartfelt words. I have a desire to just help & inspire as many folks as I possibly can. I want others to see vulnerability doesn't make you weak just only human! I do not regret nothing that my life has shown me, for it defined the very essence of whom I have grown to be today!! God is love and may he always be with you. Naomi

      Delete